Wolf Connection’s Wolf Therapy® is an education and empowerment program with wolfdogs as the centerpiece. With the help of these magnificent animals, humans from all walks of life learn to connect more fully with themselves and their environment, and understand their unique role in a human “pack” or community.
What is the Wolf Connection® Empowerment Program and Wolf Therapy?
The Wolf Connection® Wolf Therapy Program is…
- Holistic modeled – addresses the mind, the body, and the spirit
- An effective interactive approach for youth empowerment and social awareness
Why is Wolf Connection’s® Wolf Therapy program community-centered?
- We begin the discussion focusing on the wolves and then relate it to daily situations in the participants’ lives
- We discuss ways in which we can protect and enjoy the wonders that the world provides us
- We develop the principle that human beings treat nature the way they treat each other
- Young men and women naturally determine the social norms they live by–what’s OK and what’s not–in their lives and in their social groups… so we’ll discuss some norms that support their growth and contribution, and some that don’t
How does the Wolf Connection® Wolf Therapy program compliment other efforts?
Even though Wolf Connection® functions as a stand-alone program, it can also be an excellent enhancement experience to peer helping, diversity education, conflict mediation, and other character building initiatives.
In addition, the Wolf Connection® Wolf Therapy program can be complimentary to standard academic curriculum in the areas of natural sciences, anthropology, human history and evolution, behavioral studies, ecology and conservation, and moral and civic education.
It may also fit within various elective courses in the area of world cultures, traditions, myths and legends, spirituality, sustainability and balanced living, and community service among others.